Approaching others at parties or clubs is one of the scariest things on earth for most of us. If you don’t get just a little nervous when approaching new people you might be an alien. Unfortunately, approaching others is part of swinging. Even if you choose to only meet one couple at a time via the internet, you’ll still at some point have to meet (and therefore approach) that couple in person.
5 Tips to Be More Confident When Approaching Others
- Be secure/happy in your primary relationship – Being happy with each other builds confidence. When you are confident it’s easier to approach other people.
- Remember that everyone you are afraid is judging you… is afraid you are judging them. Those people you are scared to approach are just as scared to approach you. By approaching them first you are making their life easier.
- When approaching strangers at a club, remember you will likely never see them again, so what do you have to lose. Even if it doesn’t go well you can walk away and meet someone else.
- Live in the moment. Be there with whomever you are talking to, not looking around for your next “target”. If you don’t want to be in the conversation, get out of it.
- Fake it till you make it. No matter how hard it is, do it with a smile. Eventually, with practice, it will get easier.
What have you done that has helped you become more confident in approaching others?